If You Love Peanut Butter…

by healthyhitsthespot on January 15, 2014 · 14 comments

Good afternoon everyone! As I’m typing this, my computers internal fan is going nuts. Eeek. I also just realized that I’ve had it for 8 years this year. Please Apple, don’t give up on me!

Tuesday

IMG_5662.JPG

Yesterday morning started off with an early breakfast at 6:45.

2 eggs, sourdough toast (2 small pieces because I love the small ones at the end) and 1 piece of chicken sausage.

photo 1

After breakfast, I had quiet time (readers, I will blog all about my QT & how it goes in the next week), got ready, and met my friend Tiff for Coffee. Actually, more like tea :) I got a small Matcha Tea Latte with soy milk. I asked for it unsweetened so I could add my own swirl of honey. It was so good!

I want to buy some Matcha but it’s so darn expensive! Good Matcha’s? Anyone know?

IMG_5663.JPG

For lunch around 1:00 I had an open-faced pesto turkey sandwich on Ezekiel. It was so good!

It had: slightly toasted Ezekiel, pesto, sliced tomato, a little bit of sliced onion, a few pickle slices, turkey, and iceberg on top for extra crunch

IMG_5665.JPG

I also had salad on the side with a clean caesar dressing I found at TJ’s

IMG_5667.JPG

When I woke Marco up in the afternoon I spotted his big ol’ box of Protein Bars and saw that he only had one Chocolate Peanut Butter left. At least I only took half ;) I’ll call this my Petite Treat cause let’s be honest… this is just like candy…

IMG_5668.JPG

Just a little bit later I made my own PB smoothie to satisfy my PB craving. This was so simple, so clean, and so delicious! If you love PB, you’ll love this!

8 oz water

2 frozen bananas

2 tbsp. Organic PB

Only ingredient in your PB should be peanuts…. maybe salt if you’re being really crazy ;) Other PB’s have way too much crap in them

IMG_5673.JPG

Dinner was had around 7/7:30. It was pesto pasta with tons of mushrooms and a side salad

IMG_5674.JPG photo 2

After dinner, Marco and I signed up for Hulu so we could get our New Girl on! We already finished all of the episodes on Netflix.

We made a big ol’ bowl of popcorn that was shared between Marco, my Dad, and myself. Only ingredients: popcorn, sea-salt, + grapeseed oil, because that’s what we popped it in :)

{ 14 comments… read them below or add one }

Karen@ La Chanson de Ma Vie January 15, 2014 at 4:17 pm

I love the sugary peanut butter. It’s like crack. I rarely have it though, so it’s fine. My husband likes the straight peanut kind, but the texture is kind of weird to me.

healthyhitsthespot January 20, 2014 at 7:56 am

Try out different brands. Some are better than others. I’d say it’s an acquired taste at first, because the name brands (with sugar and hydrogenated oils) are definitely addicting when it’s what you’re used to

Shannon Fry January 15, 2014 at 8:09 pm

I just bought Green Foods Corporation, Organic Matcha Green Tea powder, off iHerb for about $14. I’ve been replacing my morning coffee with it. I do about 1/2c boiling water and 1/2c Unsweetened vanilla almond milk and sweeten it with liquid vanilla stevia. It’s pretty yummy!

healthyhitsthespot January 20, 2014 at 7:57 am

That’s awesome Shannon! TeaLeaves just sent me some to try, so I’ll definitely be posting on how I like it. It’s $52, but chefs around the world are using it. It’s supposed to taste incredible!

Marina January 16, 2014 at 4:38 am

I love peanut butter too strongly! I always do the house – only a peanut and anything else (all because in Russia not to find organic peanut butter in shop)

healthyhitsthespot January 20, 2014 at 7:58 am

It’s yummy :)

Ashley January 16, 2014 at 6:54 am

I love matcha lattes! They are so delicious. I am thinking about buying some matcha powder on vitacost.com…I will let you know how it goes :)

healthyhitsthespot January 20, 2014 at 7:58 am

Okay, and I’ll let you know on the blog how the TeaLeaves is. Pricey, but supposed to be the best. And I like my Matcha to be high quality because of the benefits :)

Simi @ theMicroHarvest.com January 16, 2014 at 9:56 am

Ugh I am in the exact same boat with my mac!!! I am crossing my fingers every day it holds out a bit longer :)

healthyhitsthespot January 20, 2014 at 7:59 am

Ah! How long have you had yours?

Tim Vroom January 16, 2014 at 9:11 pm

i’ve always wondered about your “quiet time.” i picture you sitting on a couch staring at a blank tv :)

healthyhitsthespot January 20, 2014 at 7:59 am

Haha, not at all ;)

Missy Smith January 22, 2014 at 2:14 pm

I make my own peanut butter at home in my ninja. Ingredients are unsalted peanuts,that is it! My kids and husband are hooked it is much better than all of the processed peanut and nut butters out there.

healthyhitsthespot January 30, 2014 at 11:41 am

That’s awesome! How do you like the Ninja?