OIAJ- Oats in a Jar!

by healthyhitsthespot on February 25, 2012 · 10 comments

Guess what I had in my fridge?!

4.jpg

Yep! You got that right! An almost (!!) empty sunflower butter jar. You all know what that calls for!

Or do you? Check out what Oats in a Jar is here! It’s a HIT among many food bloggers!

5.jpg

I learned about OIAJ from Eating Bird Food’s blog! In fact, I learned that food blogs existed from her blog!

8.jpg 6.jpg

My OIAJ had:

• 1/3 cup coaches oats
  • 1 banana
  • 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1tbsp. peanut butter (there wasn’t very much nut butter left)
  • Toppings

• 1 tbsp. White Chocolate Chips
    • 1 tbsp. Soy Nut Blend

You can make your Oats in a Jar cooked, or overnight (no cooking involved)!

If you would like to do Overnight Oats in a Jar, look at this post.

I will do this soon and let you all know how it works too. My followers who have been with me since the very beginning know that I used to be obsessed with Overnight Oats!

9.jpg

Look who I got to babysit tonight! Hello Sean! :)

He is the absolutely cutest little boy! Ohhh my goodness! It seems like he is just content all the time.

His parents say he is “nosy” because he watches everything you do! It’s sooo cute! I took this picture because as I was sitting in front of him eating my Oats, he just peacefully starred at me. Gah! Such a cutie!

And just for fun, here are some pictures from earlier in the night of him & his Sissy

1.jpg 3.jpg2.jpg

Look at that… So precious!

{ 10 comments… read them below or add one }

Brittany February 26, 2012 at 6:40 am

I love that learned about Oats in a Jar from me!! It’s one of my favorite ways to serve oatmeal. :)

And oh my goodness, how cute are Sean and his big sister?

Healthy Hits the Spot February 26, 2012 at 11:26 am

I did! I have yet to try them in the Overnight Version, but I will! Thank you for sharing, because now I too love it!
Arn’t they so cute? They are such good kids! Sean is all smiles! Love that little boy

Karen@ La Chanson de Ma Vie February 26, 2012 at 11:20 am

Baby eyes are so beautiful.

Healthy Hits the Spot February 26, 2012 at 11:25 am

Ahh, I agree! I always wonder what he is thinking… I wish I could see the world from his eyes…

Cait's Plate February 26, 2012 at 2:41 pm

You can’t beat oats in a leftover Sunflower Butter jar! I love it :) And oh my gosh – those kids are so adorable – makes me miss my babysitting days!

Healthy Hits the Spot February 26, 2012 at 2:48 pm

I know, it’s so fun! Sometimes I would like to have a job where I can interact with adults more, but babysitting is SO rewarding in so many ways. I think the kids teach me just as much as I could teach them! They’re so cute & innocent!

Baking Serendipity February 26, 2012 at 7:49 pm

Lately, I’ve been giving my empty pb jars to the pup and while I love seeing how excited he gets over them, I definitely thing it’s time to be selfish and keep one for OIAJ!

Healthy Hits the Spot February 26, 2012 at 8:03 pm

Yes! You deserve it! I know… dogs seriously LOVE PB! I wonder if my dog would like it? I’ve never tried to give him any! He is literally the most picky dog in the world!

caloricandcrazy March 3, 2012 at 2:56 pm

I have an empty almond butter jar I’m planning on using for my FIRST OIAJ! I also am waiting on my sis to finish her huge JIF PB jar! :P

healthyhitsthespot March 3, 2012 at 2:59 pm

Oh nice! I actually haven’t done almond butter yet. Can’t wait! :)