I hope you slept well. I did not. I was dreaming about work most of the night. It wasn’t anything bad or stressful, but somehow I just could not turn my creative brain off! I woke up around 1:00, drank some water, stretched… tried everything I could to get back to bed.
Ultimately, the only thing that helped me was to get really comfortable and purposefully start thinking about something other-than work. I love my job. My creative brain though… it just won’t shut off sometimes.
Let’s jump into Daily Eats, with the intention of walking you through how to use everything in your fridge! I said by Sunday (in the title), because that’s when most people grocery shop :).
Breakfast: we had an odd 5 eggs left, and I knew I’d probably like to have eggs today (Wed), or at least have the option to.
So, I mixed together 3 eggs & some of the leftover steak that we had in the fridge. I cooked it together & added avocado, Organic sour cream, jalapeños, and salsa. We had this scramble (picture above) with a slice of toast each. Oh, and black coffee in my SLO mug :)! Yum!
Lunch: we had breakfast pretty late, like 10:30 (we slept until 8:00 – prob another reason I didn’t sleep well)… so lunch was really minimal around 1:15 PM. I had a small side salad with 4 things that needed using: spinach, goat cheese crumbles, mandarin oranges, and my homemade balsamic vinaigrette.
After lunch I had a Client Session & then Marco and I headed out to the gym. While there I walked at an incline for about 50 minutes. I really needed to move/stretch out my legs from the day before!
Dinner: we were both so hungry by dinner time. I looked at what we had in the fridge/freezer that needed to be used: the rest of the steak, the tofu/black bean mix we’d made, the rest of the spinach, and the lobster rolls in the freezer. We also needed to use the cilantro, garlic, and avocado.
So, with that, I made us dinner! Marco had a little steak sandwich with: steak, two slices of multigrain toast, cilantro, sour cream, and avocado + sautéed spinach & some of the tofu/black bean mix. I had: tofu/black bean mix (we used this for Nacho’s last week – I’ll post the recipe here soon!) with cilantro, avocado, and jalepenos with a bigger side of sautéed (in olive oil) spinach with garlic. So yummy!
We also snacked on a couple (each) of these lobster filled rolls. We packed the leftovers away to finish up today (Wednesday).
After dinner we took a walk downtown SLO. We went to Barnes & Noble and looked at the book The Desire Map, by Danielle LaPorte. We decided that we want to finish off the books we’re each reading now, and then go buy that book and do it together. Another whole post on her later!
Petite-Treat: when we got home, we both wanted something sweet. I knew we had a wee-little-bit of ice cream left, and a wee-little-bit of organic whole milk left. So, I mixed the two together in the blender and made us mini milkshakes. SO yummy (but also, possibly another reason I couldn’t sleep! Ha! SO many reasons).
After the day was over we climbed into bed. Marco watched random Netflix shows & I searched high and low trying to find inspiration for what to put on my grocery list. I couldn’t find anything – I guess food just didn’t sound that fun last night! So, I asked all of you on instagram and you gave me SO MANY ideas! Thank you so much! Now I have a grocery list and am ready to hit Trader Joe’s today or tomorrow.
We just have a couple of things left to finish, which is perfect, because that will put me at TJ’s this evening/tomorrow morning.
To finish: tuna sandwiches, 1 side salad (I set that aside before sautéing the spinach), a few lobster rolls, and two eggs. Literally, that’s our fridge! I love having an entirely fresh fridge to fill each week or week n’ a half. Depending on how much we eat out. Which, we’ve been eating out more lately because it’s been a way to get outside of the house and connect with new friends in a new town. It’s been fun :).
Now, to end:
For those who want to join, the doors for Finally Free are open until March 31st! More of you are joining us each day, which is SO exciting! Come on in ladies. Join us (Here)!
Where we’ve been featured this week: see yesterday’s post for a list (View).
Watch our incredible Finally Free Video here! It’s on YouTube now!
Here’s what you can expect from me this week:
- New Posts from me Monday through Friday!
- This Friday, I’ll be emailing you a video with 5 Tips to Stop Binge Eating (theses tips worked SOLIDLY for me when I first broke up with bingeing). Sign-up for that email here & mark your Calendar to show up Friday.
- My absolute gratitude to YOU. I am so thankful for each and every one of you! SO MANY of you have joined us. You’ve exceeded our expectations, and we’ve exceeded yours! We’re so proud of this Program, and we know you are too. Interested Healthy Hits Readers: you have until March 31 to join the community, and then the doors are closed (we have so much amazing-ness planned for the Finally Free community this year, including something special on April 1!). (Join us!).
Now, it’s your turn:
- Did you join Finally Free?! Let us know below with a comment!
- Do you have a Friday video request? I’ll be bringing more YouTubes back to you all. Comment below & let me know.
- Are ‘Daily Eats’ also your favorite posts (like they are mine)? Do you want to see my ‘Daily Eats’ again tomorrow? Comment & let me know!
- Sign-up for the Newsletter here to get the 5 Tips to Stop Bingeing video in your inbox on Friday.
I am so grateful for each & every one of you! Thank you for reading!
xo, your coach
Join Finally Free (for immediate & lifetime access) before doors close on March 31st.